'[[EAC:more]]' calling for default view

'[[EAC:more]]' calling for default view

by Sebastien Jaffredo -
Number of replies: 8

Hi

In previous versions (e.g. 2.5) the "more" entry pattern (the magnifier) would call for the default view. Now it displays the current view.

What it does in effect is simply showing you the same view, but only for the selected entry.

It seems to make less sense. If you want to see more, it means you want to display more fields than are displayed in the current view.

My understanding is that the default view is the one you use to create the entry, displaying all fields.

The other views are different ways to display a selection of these fields, according to various contexts, needs and uses.

Is there a way with the current version (3.1.0) to restore the default view as the view displayed by the EAC:more entry pattern?

Thanks,

Sébastien

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sebastien Jaffredo

Re: '[[EAC:more]]' calling for default view

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Sébastien

I'm afraid I'm not completely sure what you are referring to. What is "EAC:more"? Does it refer to a custom filter?

Perhaps a screenshot would help to clarify.

Best wishes
  Henning

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Sebastien Jaffredo -

Here are a few screenshots to make my point clearer:

1. Editing the view

view editing

2. Viewing the view

view viewing

3. Landing page when clicking the magnifier

landing

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for the screenshots. However, are you sure that they come from the Scheduler module? The screens seem completely unknown to me.

Perhaps you're actually using the Database Activity module here, or something similar?

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Sebastien Jaffredo -

Oops. Wrong plugin. Sorry for the mixup.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sébastien,

I'm guessing that you are using the Dataform plugin, right? Thus I have moved your discussion thread to the Dataform forum. If I'm wrong, please let me know which forum you'd like the thread to be moved into.

by Itamar Tzadok -

Hi Sebastien,

I've replied to your query on the plugin page but here it is again.

First, the default view is the view that will open whenever you access the activity without specifying a view. This is typically the case when you enter the activity from its link on the course page, but there are other occasions where this may happen. It's a fallback view so to speak. You may use it for creating the entries but it's not necessary and in many use cases it is not used for that.

Now, if you want to open entry details from one view in another view you can use the pattern EAC:more:target-view-name. For example, if you have the views List and Single and you want to allow the user to open the entry in the Single view from the List view you can add to the entry template in the List view the pattern EAC:more:Single.

The same approach holds also for editing an entry, with the pattern EAC:edit:target-view-name. In this case you can also set the editing view to redirect to another view (e.g. back to the List view) after saving the edited entry.

hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Sebastien Jaffredo -
Hi Itamar Thanks for your answer, I couldn't have dreamt of a better solution! Your plugin is remarkable. Cheers Sebastien