- Tiles are used to show course topics and activities
- Animation is used to expand tiles to reveal content
- Icons or photos on each tile increase visual appeal
- Modal windows (animated pop ups) to show content
- Colours for tiles are customisable
- Theme compatibility is broad (Boost, Clean, Essential, Moove and Adaptable).
- Easy to switch into Tiles from other formats (e.g. Topics, Grid) without changing course content
- User friendly (e.g. tile icons are provided and don't need to be uploaded)
- Mobile responsive (adapts to different screen sizes and orientations)
- Progress shown on tile with % in a circle, or as a fraction
Moodle 3.11: a release candidate is now available (see under "Versions"). Please test this and let me know the results. It includes completion tracking and other fixes. Automated tests are all passing. If community testing goes well, I will release this as "stable" to Moodle 3.9 - 3.11 at the end of July 2021.
Moodle 3.9: If you are running Moodle 3.9, it is essential that you use the Moodle 3.9 version of the Tiles plugin. The Moodle 3.7 version is incompatible (following a change to Moodle core) and will cause you problems. You can see which version of 'Tiles' you are running under Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview > Course Formats > Tiles Format.