- Tiles are used to show course topics and activities
- Animation is used to expand tiles to reveal content
- Icons or photos on each tile increase visual appeal
- Modal windows (animated pop ups) to show content
- Colours for tiles are customisable
- Theme compatibility is broad (Boost, Clean, Essential, Moove and Adaptable).
- Easy to switch into Tiles from other formats (e.g. Topics, Grid) without changing course content
- User friendly (e.g. tile icons are provided and don't need to be uploaded)
- Mobile responsive (adapts to different screen sizes and orientations)
- Progress shown on tile with % in a circle, or as a fraction
Moodle 4.0: The beta version of Tiles for Moodle 4.0 will be released in May 2022. The stable release is likely to follow in June 2022. Significant changes will be needed, so existing released versions of the Tiles plugin will not work with Moodle 4.0. if you want to use Tiles with Moodle 4.0, you will need the update.
Moodle 3.9: If you are running Moodle 3.9, it is essential that you use the Moodle 3.9 (or higher) version of the Tiles plugin. The Moodle 3.7 version is incompatible (following a change to Moodle core) and will cause you problems. You can see which version of 'Tiles' you are running under Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview > Course Formats > Tiles Format.