Course formats ::: format_tiles
Maintained by David Watson
A course format which displays course topics as "Tiles", in a grid rather than as a list. When clicked, tile content is displayed under the tile with an animated transition. The layout adapts to different screen sizes and orientations. Within each tile, activities can also be set to display as "sub-tiles". For each tile, the teacher can pick an icon from a predefined set, or upload a background photo.
Current versions available: 5
- Tiles are used to show course topics and activities
- Animation is used to expand tiles to reveal content
- Icons or photos on each tile increase visual appeal
- Modal windows (animated pop ups) to show content
- Colours for tiles are customisable
- Theme compatibility is broad (Boost, Clean, Essential, Moove and Adaptable).
- Easy to switch into Tiles from other formats (e.g. Topics, Grid) without changing course content
- User friendly (e.g. tile icons are provided and don't need to be uploaded)
- Mobile responsive (adapts to different screen sizes and orientations)
- Progress shown on tile with % in a circle, or as a fraction
Moodle 4.0+ update: The stable release for Moodle 4.0 and 4.1 is now available. Work will continue on issues raised, and a further release is expected not later than the end of April 2023. (Message updated 13 February 2023).
David Watson (Lead maintainer)
Please login to view contributors details and/or to contact them