Privacy policy in different languages

Privacy policy in different languages

by Germán Valero -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

A recent Moodle thead in the Security and Privacy forum wonders about how to serve international users a Privacy Policy that each user must view and accept in his/her own language.

The only solution posted was to have one document with everything in it, and a series of hyperlinks at the top to take the user to the various sections with the language they want.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Germán Valero

Re: Privacy policy in different languages

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to David Mudrák

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi David
Multilang filter isn't a good solution when you have long text elements and multiple languages.  The policy document may have 2-3 text pages length and sometimes you need 8-12 languages. Using the multilang filter you have to use each lanuage with filter coding in each of the paragraphs. This is a nightmare.

Ralf

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I know. That's why I suggested the other plugin (and IIRC, there are even more - this was just the first I quickly found).