In our Moodle we are encountering a problem that we do not know how to solve.
The problem is that the dates are not always translated, an example: a user enters to the moodle and can see the calendar in Spanish but for example the dates of the weeks in the courses he sees in English, maybe he goes back in or recharges the page and see well translated the weeks and the calendar. At another time you can re-enter and you can see everything correctly.
It does not have a defined pattern. Only that only affects the dates.
Our moodle is a 3.5.2 (although the problem we see from 3.5) and the default language of our site is in Spanish.
Can anyone have an idea what is going on?
in theory the configuration of the server is ok ... anyway if it was the server it would always go wrong or good, not like now that it goes out sometimes well and sometimes badly. do not?
it does not seem like a problem with Moodle because everything is going well in my local testing environments ... it's crazy hehe
We are also having the same situation with the week names in courses not being translated. We are running M3.5+ and Essential 188.8.131.52 (Build: 2018051902). I have noticed this for a while now. Our site default language is Italian but the weeks names are always in English and I cannot find any string in the language pack that can change this or any other setting...
I am taking a look at the language customization FAQ but to me this seems more of a internal situation than something 'customizable'.
Anyone else having this kind of situation or any ideas how to set right?
Any help is appreciated!
I cannot find any string in the language pack that can change this or any other setting
As the FAQ states, this has nothing to do with a Moodle string or setting. You have to contact the administrator of the server where Moodle is hosted on, and ask for the Italian locale be installed on the server. For example, if the server is running the Ubuntu Linux operating system, the admin (root) of the system may want to run something like
# apt-get install language-pack-it
The list of installed locales, run
# locale -a
Other operating systems may have their own way.
Just to clarify:
Our site is EN/IT, just that the default is IT. So we need the dates showing up also in EN (only in the correct courses!!).
And, by the way, I've noticed that the certificate plug-in prints in EN as well even if the course is in IT.