Blocks: Level up!
- Automatically captures and attributes experience points to students' actions
- Block that displays current level and progress towards next level
- Report for teachers to get an overview of their students' levels
- Notifications to congratulate students as they level up
- A ladder to display the ranking of the students
- Ability to set the number of levels and the experience required to get to them
- Images can be uploaded to customise for the appearance of the levels
- The amount of experience points earned per event is customizable
- Page to display the list of levels and a description
- Experience points are earned per course
- An event is fired when a student levels up (for developers)
How are experience points calculated?
This block listens to events triggered in Moodle and captures some according to pre-defined rules. It then attributes experience points based on the information contained in the event. For more information about the events, refer to the documentation.
Only the users with the capability block/xp:earnxp can earn experience points. This capability is given by default to students. Also actions triggered by guests, non-logged in users or administrators are ignored.
The following events are always ignored:
- Events from another context than course or module
- Events having another educational level than participating
The rest is up to you. By default the plugin comes with a minimal set of rules to attribute experience points to actions, and to ignore some redundant ones. Visit the Rules page in the plugin itself to view or override them.
Note: Repeated actions within a short time interval are ignored to prevent cheating.