Level Up XP - Gamification 🏅
Level Up XP
Gamify your Courses.
Increase Course Completion.
XP adds gamification to your Moodle courses. Learners receive points for their actions, visualise their progress, compete with others through a leaderboard, and unlock content based on their individual needs and experiences. Retain learners, increase completion, and provide a stimulating education experience!
XP is the most popular gamification offer on Moodle with around 25,000 sites and 8 million learners using the plugin. Whether you are in charge of continuous training at your company, a university instructor looking to decrease drop-out rates, or a teacher who wants to provide a more engaging, fun learning environment, XP has you covered.
With XP you have complete control of your learners' pathways: decide what content they can access and which courses use gamification elements.
Try XP and increase learning outcomes with the following features:
Motivate learners through experience points and individual leaderboards
- Automatically attribute points to learners for their actions
- Block that displays current level and progress towards next level
- A leaderboard to show the ranking of the learners
- Notifications to congratulate learners as they level up
Keep track of progress and steer their learning experience
- Report for instructors to get an overview of their learners' levels
- Ability to customise the number of levels, the points they require, and their appearance
- Total control over the points earned per action
- Experience points earned per course, or for the entire site
- Support for shortcodes to include in content
- Unlock content when a certain level is reached
XP is fully GDPR compliant and has been certified as a privacy-friendly plugin.
Get serious about creating a fun learning environment! XP+ comes with even more personalisation options, the inclusion of team leaderboards, and more data evaluation possibilities. In addition to all XP features, XP+ allows you to:
Use the full potential of the Leaderboard
- Create team leaderboards to increase team cohesion or competitiveness
- Export leaderboards for data analytics
Award points for
- Course behaviour
- Learning activities
- Course completion
Create an Individual Learner Pathway
- Drops: award points by placing code snippets anywhere in your course
- Award a badge on level up
- Grade-based rewards
- Individual rewards (e.g. for punctuality) and personalised notes
- Limit learners' rewards (e.g. limit points for repeated actions)
- Progress bar can display progress toward the next or ultimate level
- Additional default-level badges
Implement New Design Features for an Engaging Learning Experience
- Substitute experience points for other symbols
- Viewing the block on someone's profile displays their level
Do even more…
- Implement resilient cheat guard
- Course selection, and activity name, rules
- Import points from a CSV file
- Export logs and reports for easy data evaluation
- Receive email support
Still curious? Visit our website for more information on XP+.
We constantly add new features and updates to our plugins. Here are some of the highlights of our recent releases:
- Compatibility with Moodle 4.3
- Award a Moodle badge on level up (XP+)
- Display the level in the top navigation bar
- Congratulation message on level up (XP+)
- For more, see the latest release notes
How are experience points calculated? How do I unlock new courses? How do I use shortcodes? Deep dive into XP's offers and learn how to use our features here.
Please report any issues, problems, or feature requests on the issue tracker. Thanks!
* based on our own usage statistics.