Adaptable is a highly customisable responsive two column theme based on the popular BCU theme. Adaptable has all the features of BCU along with many new features:
- Front page Marketing Blocks. You can display Up to 60 custom blocks with different layout.
- Layout Builders! You can now define a custom layout to add blocks using drag and drop for:
- Front Page
- Course Page
- Fully Customisable:
- Block styles (including icons)
- Buttons (including radius)
- Choice of two sliders on home page with custom colours
- News / Announcements Ticker on Home / Dashboard
- Multiple front page course styles
- Extensive custom menus (can be targeted to different users based on custom profile field)
- "My Courses" list can be organised to put older courses in sub menu item
- Dismissible Bootstrap Alerts
- Display site-wide notices using different Bootstrap styles
- Allow users to dismiss alerts once read (persistent between page loads / login)
- Allow re-use of alerts (display again even if user has dismissed) buy updating a "key" field
- Additional layout settings for width, slider width, padding of various elements
- Social icons or Search box in header (admin can choose between the two)
- Activities and Resources Adaptable icon pack improved
- Support for Social Wall Course Format (thanks to Chris Kenniburg for help on this)
- Support for Grid Course Format (thanks to Gareth J Barnard for help on this)
- Mobile settings
- Option to add login form in header on front page
- Favicon uploader
- Background image uploader
- Activities status NEW!
In addition many fields (menus, news items, alerts and help links) can be targeted using custom profile fields, thus it is possible to present different users with different navigation items and notices.
It is also possible for individual users to customise where they want top menu navigation to appear (disable, home pages only, site wide) using custom profile fields.
Adaptable has a lot of settings and may seem daunting at first, our advice is to simply install with the default settings and play with it afterwards.
With a little time you should be able to set up an attractive Moodle site with a high degree of individuality without without knowing any CSS.
- Adaptable is a fork of BCU theme and owes its existence to all those credited on that theme
- Adaptable development was driven by 3bits e-learning solutions and Coventry University
- Persistence of Bootstrap Alerts provided by Justin Hunt in between mowing lawns and brokering cease fires (see his Moodle Services page)
- Ideas on Social Wall support provided by Chris Kenniburg
- Help with renderers and other tricky stuff provided by Mary Evans and Gareth J Barnard
- Additional support provided by New School Learning
- Thanks to Bas Brands for helping fixing some issues and adding new features.
- And many thanks to all the volunteers, developers, translators and users for its continuous support.
Documentation coming soon.
Advice on migrating from BCU to Adaptable can be found here.
Please, DO NOT ASK for technical support in this page
Commenting temporarily disabled