Adaptable is a highly customisable responsive two column theme based on the popular BCU theme. Adaptable has all the features of BCU along with many new features:
Layout Builders! You can now define a custom layout in the admin settings for:
- Block Regions (drag and drop)
- Marketing Blocks
- Footer Blocks
- Block styles (including icons)
- Buttons (including radius)
- Choice of two jQuery sliders on home page with cusomisable colors
- News / Announcements Ticker on home / dashboard
- Multiple front page course styles
- Extensive custom menus (can be targeted to different users based on custom profile field)
- "My Courses" list can be organised to put older courses in sub menu item
- Dismissible Bootstrap Alerts
- Display sitewide notices using different Bootstrap styles
- Allow users to dismiss alerts once read (persistent between page loads / login)
- Allow re-use of alerts (display again even if user has dismissed) buy updating a "key" field
- Additional layout settings for width, slider width, padding of various elements
- Social icons or Search box in header (admin can choose between the two)
- Support for Social Wall Course Format (thanks to Chris Kenniburg for help on this)
- Mobile settings (greater control of how the theme looks on mobile devices)
- Option to add login form in header on front page
- Favicon uploader
- Background image uploader
In addition many fields (menus, news items, alerts and help links) can be targeted using custom profile fields, thus it is possible to present different users with different nagivation items and notices.
It is also possible for individual users to customise where they want top menu navigation to appear (disable, home pages only, sitewide) using custom profile fields.
Adaptable has a lot of settings and may seem daunting at first, our advice is to simply install with the default settings and play with it afterwards.
With a little time you should be able to setup an attractive Moodle site with a high degree of individuality without without knowing any CSS.
- Adaptable is a fork of BCU theme and owes its existence to all those credited on that theme
- Adaptable development was driven by 3bits e-learning solutions and Coventry University
- Persistence of Bootstrap Alerts provided by Justin Hunt in between mowing lawns and brokering cease fires (see his Moodle Services page)
- Ideas on Social Wall support provided by Chris Kenniburg
- Help with renderers and other tricky stuff provided by Mary Evans and Gareth J BarnardH
- Additional support provided by New School Learning
Documentation coming soon.
Advice on migrating from BCU to Adaptable can be found here.
Please, DO NOT ASK for support in this page