Learning by concordance management
Learning by concordance (LbC) is an online training modality which places the participants in professional situation and which requests micro-judgments on frequently encountered questions in practice. The LbC module of management allows you to carry out the key stages of the pedagogical scenario of a LbC.
For each question to which the participant answers, an automated feedback appears, based on the answers previously given by members of a reference panel.
The configuration wizard will guide you through each of the steps that make up the activity of managing a learning by concordance activity.
The setup phase allows you to plan your learning by concordance activity. You can:
- Review your activity settings and make corrections as needed.
- Select and manage the panelists who will be part of your activity.
Each time a step is completed, a green check will appear instead of the gray check.
This brings you back to the page to change the settings of the activity, mostly the description for the panelists and the description for the students. Those two descriptions will be shown with the generated quizzes, respectively for the panelists and the students.
Select the quiz for panelists
Before starting this step, make sure that you have previously created a quiz with questions of type "Concordance of reasoning" or "Concordance of judgment". Refer to the documentation for those plugins for more information.
Then, select the quiz that the panelists will answer.
In this page, you can add, edit or delete the panelists who will be invited to answer your quiz. For each panelist, enter the first name, last name and email address. You can also write the biography of this panelist at your convenience (there is an option to include or not these biographies in the quiz generated for the students).
Answers by panelists phase
This page allows you to contact the panelists and send them a link to invite them to answer your quiz.
When you have sent the invitation to your panelists, you will be able to view the quiz status for each of them to see if they have answered the quiz.
When all your panelists have answered the quiz, you can move on to the next phase.
Generation for students phase
Generate the quiz for students
This page allows you to generate the quiz for the students of the course. You can select the panelists of whom you want to compile the answers, the questions to include and some options like the name of the quiz and to include or not the biographies
of the panelists in the introduction of the quiz.
You can also choose the quiz type. This will have an impact on the review options of the generated quiz. The options are :
- Formative : The resulting quiz will show immediate feedback as students answer the questions, as well as after they complete the quiz. The quiz will not be shown in the gradebook.
- Summative with feedback : Feedbacks will be displayed after the test is closed. The quiz will be shown in the gradebook.
- Summative without feedback : No review option will be enabled. The quiz will be shown in the gradebook.
When you have finished filling the options, click Generate. Moodle will generate the quiz for your students and add it on your course page.
Please note that Moodle will not automatically display the quiz for your students. In addition, the quiz generated for the students becomes completely independent. You will be able to import it from one course to another and modify it at your convenience.
Installation and configuration
- Before installing the plugin, it is suggested to create a new category of courses. This category will contain temporary courses created automatically for the panelists. When you install the plugin, you just have to choose this category for the setting "categorypanelcourses".
- This plugin has a dependency with the "Concordance of reasoning" question type plugin. It can also be used with "Concordance of judgment" question type.