Viewing an entire discussion topic at once

Viewing an entire discussion topic at once

by Tricia Kellison -
Number of replies: 1
This is similar to an earlier post regarding "auto-expanding" a Forum, except that a teacher is requesting to see a day (or so) worth of student work all at once, without having to click each separate entry. She has created a series of Forums (Fora?) on the chapters of a book, and each student has posted one or more 'discussions' to each Forum as well as given and received multiple replies. In the evening, the teacher would like to easily browse an entire Forum at once, without clicking each individual discussion. Instead, she would like to be able to scroll down a consolidated list of the entries to get a sense on the length, style, etc. that the students used that day, without a lot of clicking-in-and-out---advice??
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tricia Kellison

Re: Viewing an entire discussion topic at once

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Just a thought - you can get an idea of activity, and a consolidated list of the entries to get a sense on the length by using the Recent Activity block, and selecting the Advanced Search link. You find it at http://yourmoodle/course/recent.php?id=1&advancedfilter=1.

But that will only give you a idea of length/activity and will only include topics subjects not full posts. It won't do everything that you wanted, but it might be a rudimentary start.

Actually, I was just thinking about this before I hit the Post to Forum button... there's no real reason why the post itself (or the first n characters) could not be included on this or a similar page... I'll have a think!