Technical drawing question type

Technical drawing question type

by Olivier Rérat -
Number of replies: 4
Hello everyone,
I am looking for a type of question to create technical drawing. Ideally, the student's drawing would be corrected directly by moodle. Do these types of questions exist? And if they don't, what tips would you give me for creating this type of plugin?
Thank you very much for your feedback!
Olivier
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Olivier Rérat

Re: Technical drawing question type

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Could you explain further what you want. For example, how would you set the "correct" answer and how would you compare the two. I mean as an algorithm, i.e. recipe/description, not how would you program it.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I wonder how does one draw them on Moodle, let alone auto-correct them. 

A random sample from the web is attached.

Attachment engineering-drawing-13.jpg
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Olivier Rérat -
An intermediate solution would be to work with "square" parts. The student would have to connect dots on a blank page to recreate the 2D or 3D view from the other view (see picture).
Attachment technical drawing.png

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
From the question types I've seen Freehand drawing (ETH) is the closest. I don't have any experience in this area, but see the technological challenge Moodle or any other LMS faces: It can't be creating all sorts of diagrams, Venn diagrams, bar charts, Gant charts, chemical structures, geometrical figures, vector fields, hand sketches, ... There is a reason why each needs specialized software.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)