Profile Photo Requirement

Profile Photo Requirement

by Ballard Ingram -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

I searched through a few pages of the forums and can't find anyone asking about this. If there is a thread that does answer this that would be helpful to link me to it.

Client Request
The client wants to make it a requirement that the students upload a profile photo before the student starts any course work.

My Thoughts
I created an activity that must be "Marked as Done," by the Student in order to start another activity. But in reality the student can just select the button, "Mark as Done," not actually upload the photo, and move on. Which is what some students have been doing.

I really can't think of anything that would "require the student to upload a profile photo" other than a plugin, but can't find that and I really don't like plugins.

I checked settings, I checked a few other things, and I can't think of anyway to make the system verify that a profile photo is uploaded before the student can start any work.

Enrollment methods?
Self Enrolment - doesn't mention anything about this.
Manual Enrolment - this is what we use and can't find anything.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ballard Ingram

Re: Profile Photo Requirement

by Ballard Ingram -
Can anyone think of anything that could help with this?
In reply to Ballard Ingram

Re: Profile Photo Requirement

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well I don't know how much this will help - but you can create a site badge with the condition that to be awarded the site badge the student must upload a profile photo (user picture in the requirements). But you would still manually have to find a way to give access to courses to users with that badge. You can run a report to see who has obtained the badge however.