Unsubscribe users from forums massively does not work

Unsubscribe users from forums massively does not work

by Daniel García -
Number of replies: 2
Hello everyone,

we have a couple of forums that we do not need to be sending emails as students keep posting messages and each message will send an email to every user that is subscribe to the forum and at this point it could send like 100 emails at the same time due to the amount of users subscribed to those forums.

With that being said, I saw there's a setting where you can manage the subscribers list and move from subscribed to unsubscribed as you pleased

ManageForumSubscribers

I did that and I removed all the students from the subscribers list, however, when checking the users they still had marked the subscribed checkbox in the forum and they still needed to be unsubscribed by pressin the unsubscribed button.

I'm not sure if the forum itself is the issue, or if the issue is from the manage subscription window. I just wanted to stop emails to be sent from specific forums I'm not sure if there's any other way to achieve that.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel García

Re: Unsubscribe users from forums massively does not work

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hola Daniel!

Could you indicate what version of Moodle you're using, and which subscription mode has been set on the forum? I tested in Moodle 4.3.2, and found no issues there. If a user then marks they would like to subscribe to the forum they were unsubscribed from, this should work as expected.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Unsubscribe users from forums massively does not work

by Daniel García -
Hello Joost, I have Moodle 4.0.8, the forum settings are optional subscription.

It's kinda weird because I tried in a different course and forum and it did work, however in those 3 forums from that course didn't. Im not sure why though.

Thanks a lot for your help!