Activity description pop-up

Activity description pop-up

by Martha Zumack -
Number of replies: 3

I've joined a team with a Moodle instance that is mid-migration from a difficult hosting company and therefore have trouble getting answers from the support team I ought to expect them from!

Our Moodle instance has little 'More info' buttons on tiles and I cannot find if this a plugin, a system setting, a unit setting, etc. For some activities I am able to edit the content of the 'More info' pop-up, but for other activities, such as discussions, the same method does not work, so I am at a loss.

A Moodle tile with a small button called 'More info' at the bottom of the tile.

Can anyone advise on what the name of this feature/tool/plugin might be?

Many thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martha Zumack

Re: Activity description pop-up

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
My immediate thought is that you're looking at a custom/optional theme. The whole thing doesn't look 'core Moodle'.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Agreed... if properly designed and developed, the 'more info' bit is likely coming from the activity description in the module settings, as you add them to your course. It's probably a custom theme designed for your company, and it may well be a reason to see if there are better theme options around. Or find a Javascript / CSS developer willing to solve this on the theme side of this.
In reply to Martha Zumack

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

This "difficult hosting company" you mention ... where it was hosted did the company provide customized anything?   And therefore migration off of them one got only an sql dump of the DB and moodledata for migration?

You might have to find a way to get diffs on tables for related areas of issues. sad

'SoS', Ken