Course Trigger notification

Course Trigger notification

by Rudraksh Batra -
Number of replies: 4

HI would like to know how to trigger a course to users on adding a course or topic or activity in Moodle courses. Trigger should help them in a notification form that you need to attempt this course, and if they have not attempted then reminder should automatically go..

Can please anybody help me in this.

thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rudraksh Batra

Re: Course Trigger notification

by David Le Blanc -
Rudraksh,
What you call « Trigger » sounds like « to notify ». Users on a Moodle are notified through the forum activity module. The site forum is a way to announce to all users, site-wide of events or activities. Only the system administrator or individuals given the privilege can notify all users through the site forum. The forum activity module is also used at the category and course levels to notify users. Your term « Trigger » suggests you would like notifications automatically sent to users, given specific conditions. You may want to investigate using activity completion settings to notify users.  
In reply to David Le Blanc

by Rudraksh Batra -
Thanks David for a quick reply. Actually the need is that, if I create course content and I want to notify users using automatic email , to course users, so how that can be achieved, as earlier I used to use some other lms, it has that option where I need to select the option to notify user and all done..it automatically send reminders also to users who hv not viewed the course content...
In reply to Rudraksh Batra

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Closest thing to what you describe is probably this one: https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_reengagement

Or you could turn your course into one big forum, using the Social course format.