2nd/3rd attempt to Mark Quiz + Achieve/Yet to Achieve method of grading

2nd/3rd attempt to Mark Quiz + Achieve/Yet to Achieve method of grading

by Riena Prakash -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyone,

I have created a quiz in Moodle and the grading for that quiz is based on Achieve or Yet to Achieve. The students get 3 attempts to complete their assessment. I know how to set up the quiz and give them 3 attempts to students. But the problem is when marking the 1st attempt, the teachers write comments explaining to the student what is wrong. But when the student attempts the 2nd attempt they get a blank assessment and there is no option to give the wrong ones only for the 2nd or 3rd attempt. 

The marks also do not accumulate from 1st through to 3rd attempt. For example:

1st attempt the student get Q1, Q2 & Q10 wrong. Their mark is 7/10

2nd attempt the student only answers Q1, Q2, and Q10. Unfortunately, they get Q10 wrong again. Their mark is now 9/10. They have 1 more attempt. 

3rd attempt they get all correct. 10/10

1. My question is does Moodle, accumulate the score to get 10/10 in the 3rd attempt? 

2. Is there any possibility that only wrong questions are shown in the 2nd and 3rd attempts? 

3. Is there any possibility that while marking teachers can pick Achieve or Yet to Achieve rather than allocating marks?

Looking forward to hearing from the well-informed community. 

Cheers

Riena

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Riena Prakash

Re: 2nd/3rd attempt to Mark Quiz + Achieve/Yet to Achieve method of grading

by JOEL STEVENS -
Hi Riena,

Its nt a help really but i am also chasing assistance witht his problem for CBT.

See here:
Moodle in English: Quiz: Each attempt builds on the last

and here:

[MDL-66303] Better essay handling in "Each attempt builds on last" quizzes - Moodle Tracker

Hoping this can be resolved and following .

Joel