Roles & Permissions "guest"

Roles & Permissions "guest"

Bojana Knezevic -
Кількість відповідей: 3

Hi everyone. 

We are having problems setting up permissions in our course. On the front page, if the user clicks on "+info" from our featured courses area, it takes them to the login screen where they have to log in or "enter as a guest" and we would like for them to see the featured course "course overview" instead of making them login. 

Is this possible?

У відповідь на Bojana Knezevic

Re: Roles & Permissions "guest"

Helen Foster -
Фото Core developers Фото Documentation writers Фото Moodle HQ Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers Фото Plugin developers Фото Testers Фото Translators

Hello,

For details of how to allow guests to access a course, please see the guide Enable guest access.

У відповідь на Helen Foster

Re: Roles & Permissions "guest"

Bojana Knezevic -
Thanks.

Another question if you do not mind. I managed to enable guest access to a course as we have a placement test questionnaire we would like guests to be able to do but I keep getting the error message saying "Guests are not permitted to do questionnaires" even though I have allowed them in "permissions" everywhere in the course, course category, etc. I do not understand why it does not allow them to do the quest and asks to login.
У відповідь на Bojana Knezevic

Re: Roles and Permissions "guest"

Helen Foster -
Фото Core developers Фото Documentation writers Фото Moodle HQ Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers Фото Plugin developers Фото Testers Фото Translators

I'm not familiar with the Questionnaire activity, however I notice in the documentation Adding/editing a questionnaire that it mentions

If your Moodle course allows guests, they will only be allowed to respond to a questionnaire whose responses have been set to anonymous