Roles & Permissions "guest"

Roles & Permissions "guest"

by Bojana Knezevic -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone. 

We are having problems setting up permissions in our course. On the front page, if the user clicks on "+info" from our featured courses area, it takes them to the login screen where they have to log in or "enter as a guest" and we would like for them to see the featured course "course overview" instead of making them login. 

Is this possible?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bojana Knezevic

Re: Roles & Permissions "guest"

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

For details of how to allow guests to access a course, please see the guide Enable guest access.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Roles & Permissions "guest"

by Bojana Knezevic -
Thanks.

Another question if you do not mind. I managed to enable guest access to a course as we have a placement test questionnaire we would like guests to be able to do but I keep getting the error message saying "Guests are not permitted to do questionnaires" even though I have allowed them in "permissions" everywhere in the course, course category, etc. I do not understand why it does not allow them to do the quest and asks to login.
In reply to Bojana Knezevic

Re: Roles and Permissions "guest"

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm not familiar with the Questionnaire activity, however I notice in the documentation Adding/editing a questionnaire that it mentions

If your Moodle course allows guests, they will only be allowed to respond to a questionnaire whose responses have been set to anonymous