Too much spam in the plugin comments

Too much spam in the plugin comments

by Justin Hunt -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In my own plugin dir pages when I get a notification of a comment, its usually spam. I send it to the moderator (Helen Foster).

In many cases though I doubt plugin admins are that active. I just came across a plugin with 12 pages of comments, almost entirely spam.

https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_simplespeak

Its not the fault of the plugin's author in my opinion. I just don't think we can expect plugin admins to all maintain their own comments. But I really think we should put in place some way of keeping spammers out , that does not tax Moodle's own human resources.

Do we even need comments? Could we just turn them off?

*EDIT*  I had a look around and while there is def. spam on other plugin comments, nothing like this one. Perhaps its just an outlier?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Hunt

Re: Too much spam in the plugin comments

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Related issue MDLSITE-6252 - Allow plugin maintainers to disable comments with the goal to canalize support

Average of ratings: Useful (4)