Workshop from Assignment

Workshop from Assignment

by Michael Hughes -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I've not seen a thread elsewhere about this idea.

We've had a few situations where staff have gathered assignments in, and then decided after the fact that doing some sort of peer review activity would be a good idea.

The Workshop activity would seem to fit quite well with this (at least for individual submissions), but given it has it's own submission process etc, it's a bit awkward to then create and as the students to re-submit.

So...my idea would be to see if there is a way to allow the workshop to use an existing assignment as the source for it's submission phase.

The Submission settings already mostly mimic the assignment settings for submission, so instead of asking for all of the individual values for this section, the form would have a drop down option allowing the staff to choose an existing asssignment.

When the workshop is then placed into the submission phase, the students would be directed to the assignment activity for submission.

When the teacher then switches to the Review Phase, any work already submitted by the students to the assignment would be "synced"/cloned into the workshop activity as the student's workshop submission.

And from this point on the workshop runs *exactly* as the workshop normally runs.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Michael Hughes

Re: Workshop from Assignment

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think it was Tim Hunt from the Open University who suggested in the past that it would be nice if Workshop allowed any students work in courses to be peer-evaluated. Including things like Assignments, Quiz essays, Glossary entries, Forum posts etc.