After Upgrade to Moodle 3.5 - Your messages are temporarily unavailable due to upgrades in the messaging infrastructure. Please wait for them to be migrated.

After Upgrade to Moodle 3.5 - Your messages are temporarily unavailable due to upgrades in the messaging infrastructure. Please wait for them to be migrated.

by Mark Schultz -
Number of replies: 2

After upgrading from Moodle 3.1, messaging shows this message for users:

Your messages are temporarily unavailable due to upgrades in the messaging infrastructure. Please wait for them to be migrated.

Referencing

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=375430

and

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=370876

cron is running once per minute. this does not migrate the messages. I ran cron manually, same result. Is there a way to force the migration script to run on all users? I tried running the script provided by Howard Miller BELOW, THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT EITHER.

<?php
define('CLI_SCRIPT', true);
require_once('config.php')
\core_message\task\migrate_message_data::queue_task(...USER ID...);

this generates 500 server error

also tried closing the php tag

<?php
define('CLI_SCRIPT', true);
require_once('config.php') \core_message\task\migrate_message_data::queue_task(2);
?>

running from moodle root folder generate 500 server error.

Has anyone seen this issue with no cron fix, what else might it be? 

Any help is appreciated.

here's my environment:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Schultz

Re: After Upgrade to Moodle 3.5 - Your messages are temporarily unavailable due to upgrades in the messaging infrastructure. Please wait for them to be migrated.

by Mark Schultz -
Oops, this was an upgrade from 3.2.9, not 3.1.

I see after the upgrade that the My Messages block, block_messages, which was removed in moodle 3.4 is still present. Is that a possible cause of this issue?
In reply to Mark Schultz

Re: After Upgrade to Moodle 3.5 - Your messages are temporarily unavailable due to upgrades in the messaging infrastructure. Please wait for them to be migrated.

by Mark Schultz -
I was able to create a clone and my messages do migrate to the new table for my admin account. The clone is identical to our production site. And yet, it works on the clone, to an extent. If I use login as user to emulate a student, the error message still appears for that user.The main difference between the production site and the clone is the dB was exported and imported into the clone. I have tried optimizing and defragmenting the messages tables, and that didn't help either. I suspect the production site dB has an issue that prevents the adhoc script from converting the messages. Any ideas where else to look? thanks.