Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ( polyfill.js, javascript-static.js Not Found)

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ( polyfill.js, javascript-static.js Not Found)

by Tosin Odubela -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

drop_down

I tried installing Moodle on our Google Cloud Compute Instance here: https://ansdatawarehouse.com/lms/  via Cpanel.

But for some strange reasons, the  usual navigation drop down is not working and its affecting all the tabs, especially the administrative tabs.

Then I enabled the console to check the problem and I encountered missing files:

Missing files

Kindly advise on what I could do as I have checked for all the files on the server and they are not missing.

Attachment complaints.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tosin Odubela

Re: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ( polyfill.js, javascript-static.js Not Found)

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Check permissions on the files.
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ( polyfill.js, javascript-static.js Not Found)

by Tosin Odubela -
Thanks a lot. I'll check right away...

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Using Chrome browser?   What happens if you use FireFox?

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Tosin Odubela -
Thanks but I just tried it on Firefox, the same problem persists.

by Ken Task -

Don't ignore what Emma suggested you check!

'SoS', Ken

by Ken Task -

Got command line access to your server and moodle code?

In the moodle code directory, issue:

find ./ -name polyfill.js

Above should find 2:

.//lib/mdn-polyfills/polyfill.js
.//lib/babel-polyfill/polyfill.js

Same for javascript-static.js file:

find ./ -name javascript-static.js

Above should find 1:

.//lib/javascript-static.js

If files are not there, then obviously, there will be issues.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Tosin Odubela -
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your insight.

The files are there. That ia why I am bewildered by the error. Perhaps something is offsetting the paths on the server. Still checking...

by Ken Task -

In your first screen shot there is a line that says something about 'intervention' and 'slow network'.   Have not a clue as to what that means ... I have a Google Compute Engine instance of CentOS 7 (image provided by Google) and have no such issues.

However, I do not have cPanel ... which also provides 'icons' to other apps/scripts supposedly to make admin of server easier.

So what sort of 'tools' related to 'intervening' (assuming translation of 'intervention' is in a human term ... 'protection')?   Some sort of something designed to 'protect' apps.

Don't re-call ever seeing anything in cPanels I've been granted access to on other providers related to networking but ... could be one in yours, I guess.

'offesetting paths' to a linux machine would, I think, be symlinks or aliases but the files are part of moodle code and I've never seen moodle code use symlinks/aliases.

Soooooo .... ????

Keep digging!

'SoS', Ken

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It looks like /lms/lib on this web server is being redirected to some WordPress content. If you go to https://ansdatawarehouse.com/lms/lib/ you'll see a listing of "Index of /wp-includes".

So when the browser tries to access Moodle files in the lib folder it can't find them.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)