assigning system-based nonediting-teacher

assigning system-based nonediting-teacher

by Ahmad Amer -
Number of replies: 2

Salam Alykom,

I know how to assign  nonediting-teacher in courses but not in the whole system. How to do it?

I also need the non-editing teacher to be able to see the online users when he logs in before entering any course and they should be able to edit their students profile!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: assigning system-based nonediting-teacher

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

You can assign the role of non-editing teacher in a course via the Participants page. Click the 'Enrol users' button then select non-editing teacher as the role to assign.

You can enable non-editing teachers to see online users by adding the online users block to their Dashboard. Enabling them to edit students' profiles would require a role such as Manager to be assigned at the system level. For more information about roles, please see the documentation Roles and permissions.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: assigning system-based nonediting-teacher

by Ahmad Amer -
"Manager" can do many other things that i do not want the non-editinh teacher to be able to do.

I need to allow the non-editing teacher to edit the students first and last names not from a course but from the system (front page)

thanks