Allowing students to edit their first and last name but without being able to edit anything else such as username and password!

Allowing students to edit their first and last name but without being able to edit anything else such as username and password!

by Ahmad Amer -
Number of replies: 3

Salam Alykom,

How to allow students to edit their first and last name but without being able to edit anything else such as username and password!

Can I send one same link to all students so that each one edit his first and last name?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: Allowing students to edit their first and last name but without being able to edit anything else such as username and password!

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Unless you turn it off or your accounts are pushed by ldap or something similar, your students should be able to change their first and last name. They will never be able to change their username, as far as I know--changing usernames is an admin/manager function. But blocking them from changing their password wouldn't be a good plan.
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Allowing students to edit their first and last name but without being able to edit anything else such as username and password!

by Ahmad Amer -

How can I turn it on?

In reply to Ahmad Amer

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
If you're making the accounts through the User Upload screen, or manually,
Navigate to: Administration - Plugins - Authentication - Manage authentication, and then click Edit Settings
Direct Link -- https://YourMoodleSite.com/admin/settings.php?section=authsettingmanual

Then, you can choose which fields to lock by changing the dropdown to "Locked"