H5P installed but activity (editor) keeps loading

Re: H5P installed but activity (editor) keeps loading

by Ulrike Albers -
Number of replies: 15

Hello Jon and everybody who might help,

Here's the screenshot.

Actually, it's the editor (field below description, see first screenshot) that does not appear and that keeps loading (I suppose it can't find the access to something, maybe the database ?).

However, I just realized that this activity does not show any field for the title (see second screenshot) - is that normal ?

Thank you very much for any idea!

Best regards,

Ulrike

Attachment CaptureH5p.PNG
In reply to Ulrike Albers

by Ulrike Albers -
Hello everybody,

Has anybody experienced the same problem?
I add that this is before saving the activity (it cannot be saved because something keeps loading below the menu called "editor" - this time I join a screenshot in English).

I installed the most recent version of the plugin, but that didn't change anything.

Thank you for any tip!

by Stuart Mealor -

This can happen with a very large object, or a very slow connection.

I also suggest you try a different browser, as I’ve seen this happen in Safari, but then it loaded OK in Firefox.

Stu smile

In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Ulrike Albers -
Thanks a lot Stuart for your answer!

This happens using Firefox as well as Chrome ; my connection is ok. There shouldn't be any files loading - this is just after choosing the type of activity in H5P in the menu (for instance: "Mark the words" or "Interactive video"). H5P allows to install these activities directly from the "Add activity page" (the one that is shown on the screen shots) - maybe these should be installed in another way or some server acces hasn't been defined for writing?

Would you have any idea?
Thank you!

by Oliver Bay -

Hi Ulrike,

unfortunately, I don't have any ideas, but the same problem.

I asked the guys of H5P on the forum of their Homepage ... and still I am waiting for a clue.

Maybe you bring up this problem in their forum too. Here is the link: h5p.org

Cheers

Oliver

In reply to Oliver Bay

by Ulrike Albers -
Hi Oliver,
thanks for for answer!

I hope we'll find out what that is about. I will post a message on their forum, too.

Ulrike

by Oliver Tacke -

Hi all!

There are many reports of what might be bugs, but most often it's not enough to simply state "This or that's not working" in order to help - and since it's not a visual problem, adding a screenshot doesn't help either.

Above the H5P forum for bug reports (where this problem has been posted as well), there's a request on how to write bug reports:

Creating A Bug Report

In order to give your bug report the best chance of getting answered, please include the following information:

1. Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (exactly how and when did it happen)

2. Platform and version number. E.g. Drupal, Wordpress, Moodle.

3. Mobile or Desktop

4. Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc

5. H5P plugin version

6. H5P content type and version (if a content type was used), and a sample URL or attached H5P.

7. Any browser console errors

8. Any PHP errors

9. Screenshots if it's a visual problem

10. Any recent changes to the environment (new plugins/modules, updates, configuration changes etc.)

11. Any recent changes to the browser you're using (new extensions, updates etc.)

The more information you provide, the quicker the community will be able to fix it and the quicker you'll have a working solution!

Number 7 and 8 are the most crucial of those IMHO.

The browser console can usually be opened by pressing F12 or (Ctrl-Shift-J or Ctrl-Shift-I). You'll probably see some red error message that would shed more light on what the problem is. If not, go to number 8 and check your server's PHP error log.

Best,
Oliver

In reply to Oliver Tacke

by Oliver Bay -
Thank Oliver for the advice. Since I have the same problem as Ulrike, I copied the error msg from the console. Here is what I got:
-----------
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (cm-resource-selector.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (image.php, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (icon.svg, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (icon.svg, line 0)
[Error] Error: Env not inited yet
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (h5p-show-when.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (h5p-show-when.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (radio-group.js, line 0)
[Error] Error while loading script – Event {isTrusted: true, type: "error", target:
In reply to Oliver Tacke

by Oliver Bay -

I guess, the text was too long, because it has been clipped. Here are the error messages as an attachment.

Regards,

Oliver

In reply to Oliver Bay

by Oliver Tacke -

Hi Oliver!

That messages are sent out by the server. 404 messages indicate that a file is missing. Well, hence the error message smile I assume that something went wrong when installing/updating the plugin or that some other service running interferes with resource allocation.

If you just installed the plugin, you could try to re-install it and to keep an eye on your PHP error log that should indicate if something goes haywire.

Best,

Oliver 

In reply to Oliver Tacke

by Narit B -
Hi Oliver,

I'm using Moodle 3.3.4 with Fordson theme
I also got this problem for now still loading when i adding new H5P activity or editing from exiting H5P courses. it's have problem when select Course Presentation or Interactive Video.

Could please see my google chrome console error as attached.

Please advice how to fix this issues

Thank you in advance.
Attachment h5p console error1.PNG
Attachment h5p console error2.PNG
In reply to Narit B

by Oliver Tacke -

Hi Narit!

My area of expertise is really H5P, not the particular integration into moodle. I prefer using H5P in WordPress wink.

Anyway: Those 404 error messages indicate that files could not be found. It seems they are only about the icons which shouldn't be that relevant, but it may indicate that there was a problem when installing/updating the plugin.

The last message is something different. My best bet here is that H5P was trying to retrieve data from the database and got the return value 'undefined' instead of a response in JSON format. The problem points to https://github.com/h5p/h5p-editor-php-library/blob/687c698e679023ba5da46e260bb8ece231f2d586/scripts/h5peditor.js#L211 which seems to indicate that there's some trouble with the translation data for the language given.

Best,
Oliver

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Oliver Tacke

by Narit B -
Hi Oliver
Thank for quick responded my issues. I will try to follow the link as you recommend. it's meaning i need to copy and replace this file h5peditor.js from the link to into hvp/editor/scripts folder right?

Note:
1. Is H5P plugin version 1.20 support for Moodle 3.3.4? If no, which version are you recommend for us?
2. If i uninstall H5P plugin out from Moodle and re-install again, Is that will help or will effect for exiting H5P courses and will lost all the H5P courses in my moodle?

Thank you in advance once again.
In reply to Narit B

by Oliver Tacke -

Hi Narit!

No, I was not suggesting you should replace any files. I just had a look at the source code what the file that was referenced in the error log does at the given line of code. It tries to load translation information.

1) As mentioned before: My area of expertise is not moodle. I can only refer you to https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_hvp (which lists Moodle 3.3) or suggest you go to h5p.org/forum and ask someone from the H5P core team for that information.

2) I don't know. See 1)

Sorry, but I don't think I can be of further assistance here.

Cheers,
Oliver

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Oliver Tacke

by Narit B -
Hi Oliver,

Once again thank you and appreciate for quick responded my issues.
Actually, i already posted as moodle forum of H5p : https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=402819 but i seem no body answer yet and also posted on H5P.org forum as link https://h5p.org/comment/34468#comment-34468

However i will looking and try to find out the answer what happen and how to fix this issues.

Thank you.    
In reply to Oliver Bay

by Narit B -
Hi Oliver Bay,

Can you fix this issues, i got the same problem? if you how can you fix this?

Thank you