Urgent! H5P Course Presentation not loading properly

Urgent! H5P Course Presentation not loading properly

by Narit B -
Number of replies: 11

Hi 

I'm using Moodle 3.3.4  with Fordson theme and updated H5P version to 1.20.2

I got to issue is when i add h5p activity in to a course and select Course Presentation or Interactive Video it's not working still show loading very long time and suddenly moodle kick-me out. when o login still repeat the same problem.

please see the pictures of loading stuck and my H5P libraries  

how can i fix this issue, please advise

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Narit B

Re: Urgent! H5P Course Presentation not loading properly

by Stuart Mealor -
Usually I’ve seen that with:

1. Slow internet connection.
  2. Certain browsers - Safari I think seems to do this more often.

So, I would check the network connection speed, and then try with Firefox or an alternative browser.

Stuart.

In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Narit B -
Hi Stuart
Thank you for your responded.
1. I don't think my internet connection is slow because i can access the other site is normally and my speed around 300 mbs
2. I tried to use on Firefox and Edge also got the same problem (i never use Safari)

Just add on only H5P Course Presentation or Interactive Video can't add or edit for the exiting. also i have check on google browser console got the error as picture below

Thank you for advise in advance.

In reply to Narit B

by Narit B -
Any one can help or advise about this issues please?

Thank you in advance.
In reply to Narit B

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Have you tried to turn Moodle Debuggin on? This might give you a little bit more insight of what is happening instead of the inspect option.
I can think of a number of reasons this happened to you, have had these issues myself. But the reason was always different.

So my suggestion would be: start with turning Moodle debuggin on, and see if a notification appears.

if not, have you tried to update your librairy manually?
In reply to Gemma Lesterhuis

by Narit B -
Hi Gemma,
Thank you for your responded and recommended to my issues.
i didn't try with the turn on Moodle Debuggin yet. If i turn it on, Is that will effect for the student accessing to our moodle site? 

Also yes, ihave tried to update H5P librairy manually by clicking the arrow icons to upgrade one by one as picture below
Do i did something wrong with this?

Thank you in advance
In reply to Narit B

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Debugging can provided information to students if something is showing. SO yes, better do this at at a time that not many students are in the site. But it is the only way to provided you extra information.

With manually "updating" I ment upload the libraries manually

Maybe before you do this, check if the language file of the H5P plugin is not "broken". It had some issues when I updated to the 1.20.x version. You can easily check this by going to Siteadmin > language >laguage customisation. If the language set does not load, it is probably this is. See issue: https://github.com/h5p/h5p-moodle-plugin/issues/313

Gem

by Narit B -
Hi Gemma
Very appreciate for quickly responded to my issues.
  • Noted about the debugging can provided information to students if something is showing so i will try to find the best time to do.
  • I never do a manually "updating" upload the libraries as you mention. Do i need to do this as well? if yes can you guide me a bit about this
  • About language file of the H5P plugin, i already checked  by going to Site admin > language > language customisation  it not choose yet as picture below

So which language  do i need to choose first. Is It English (en) right?

Thank you in advance, once again  
In reply to Narit B

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
HI Narit,

Point 2: Maybe someone else can explain that part, I never had done the library upload through that field - only knows it works. When I had an issue with the library the Moodle partner I host the site solved that issue. 

Point 3: it could be any language except the Moodle standard language (EN). 

Gemma

by Narit B -
Hi Gemma,

Thank you for responded. 

Point 2: if it can fix my issues, i need to explore more about this how it work. (i don't have moodle partner)
Point 3: to be honest i no ideas about this what is about and i tried to choose Thai language first then after wait for loading while, i don't know how to do for the next process as picture below

Note: Only H5P Course Presentation and Interactive Video took me loading but for Quiz(Question Set) it's working well.

Once again, thank you in advance.
In reply to Narit B

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
point 3: was about figuring out if it was a bug due to https://github.com/h5p/h5p-moodle-plugin/issues/313 as I posted earlier,which is not the case. So this is good.

At this point I am out of suggestions, except from saying the things that been said before. Looking at your screenshot of post 10/05/2020 my guess is that you are missing (404 - not found) librairy files. The only way to solve that is "installing" the files again. 

I cannot help you what the best approach, but since you see to do this all on a "production" server, my last suggestion is that you try to replicate this issue on a test server (exact copy of live) and work you way from there. 

I hope someone else can pinch on this topic to help you out, but this is as far as I can get you

by Narit B -
Hi Gemma
Thank you for your recommended, i will try to look on that.