Facing Problem while upgrading moodle 3.3 to 3.5.2+

Facing Problem while upgrading moodle 3.3 to 3.5.2+

by Shahnawaz Khan -
Number of replies: 7

Dear All, 

I am trying to upgrade moodle 3.3 to 3.5.2+ every thing goes well. All plugins got updated successfully. but when it reaches to "Mod_quiz"  and "Updating quiz slots with "Random" question data" It stops at 75 % and then it never proceed. if refresh the page again it starts from initial stage and again stop at 75 %. i have enclosed an screen shot of the same. 

I have all tried increasing memory, "max_execution_time " and others things in PHP ini file but does not help.

Kindly assist to resolve the same.

Regards,

Skhan from Oman  

Attachment Moodle freezes.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shahnawaz Khan

Re: Facing Problem while upgrading moodle 3.3 to 3.5.2+

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The next thing I would do is to enable Debugging in your config.php file. The lines you need are in the debugging section in config-dist.php

In reply to Howard Miller

by Shahnawaz Khan -

Dear Moodler,

Thanks for the prompt reply, Enabled debugging and received error as shown in enclosed screen shot, on the page.  

Kindly suggest for the same. 

Attachment Error three after Quiz.jpg
Attachment Test Server moodle Upgrade error.jpg

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The easiest thing is, if you don't need binary logging, to turn it off. 

Find your my.cnf  and comment out all lines starting with log-bin or expire_logs_days to turn off binary logging. Then restart the database.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Setyadi Aprilianto -

[quote] haloooo [/quote]

In reply to Setyadi Aprilianto

by Shahnawaz Khan -

Dear All,

Can some one provide any troubleshooting steps regarding the errors mentioned below. 

Regards 

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you converted your database from Antelope to Barracuda?

Is it set to utf8-unicode-ci collation?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Shahnawaz Khan -
Dear Moodle Team,

Yes we converted database long time back. 

But my issue seems to be fixed as of now, i found some solution as under this location, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\lib\dml  there is a file by name "mysqli_native_moodle_database" and changed the value as shown below from the old one. Its started working.   

$result = $conn->query("CREATE DATABASE $dbname DEFAULT CHARACTER SET $charset DEFAULT COLLATE ".$collation)

Thanks a lot for all your help. 

Regards.