Version 3.4.2 upgrade, upgradesettings.php loop

Version 3.4.2 upgrade, upgradesettings.php loop

by Samer Boulos -
Number of replies: 5
Hi All,

After upgrading moodle from 3.3 to latest 3.4.2 successfully and took the server off maintenance mode, when going to the Site Administration --> Notifications it automatically redirects to "upgradesettings.php" page with "save settings" button, clicking on that does nothing. 

All the other functions seem to be ok.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samer Boulos

Re: Version 3.4.2 upgrade, upgradesettings.php loop

by Tobias Sanders -

Same problem here when upgrading to 3.5.2.

Although everything seems to work fine I'd like to know why this screen won't go away.

Cheers 

Tobias

In reply to Tobias Sanders

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

@ both ...

try going directly to that area for configuration settings:

https://yourste/admin/settings.php?section=analyticssettings

Can't tell you what settings to use for your site ... am just accepting defaults.

Click saving changes there ... which is supposed to write those preferences to tables in the DB for your Moodle.

Failing that ... turn on debugging ... go back to the same URL above.  Try it again.  Let's see what Moodle might be complaining about.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Tobias Sanders -

Hey Ken,

thanks for the reply.

I followed the advice an entered the URL. Changed some of the analytics settings and checked, if the dir permissions for analytics are ok.

It saved without problems. Still the upgradesettings keep showing under notifications. I turned the debugging in the administration area to "all" with output to the page. No errors are shown when I saved the analytics settings in the URL.

Strange...any other ideas?

Cheers

Tobias

P.S.: My server is a dedicated server and all requirements for moodle are fulfilled.

In reply to Tobias Sanders

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

@Tobias ...

Notifications page shows something like 'updates to plugins are available' with a link that shows all plugins that have an update.  Is that what's showing on your site?

That's strange in that Analytic models is an Admin Tool and part of core.
That means it should have been upgraded/updated when you updated the site and
there shouldn't be a separate notification for it.   How did you upgrade?

Everything has a version file ...
check in /admin/tools.php for a listing of admin tools ... is the version for Analytic models.   Same as the others in that listing?

In a 3.5.x code, look in admin/tool/analytics for a version.php file.  Version in there same as what is seen in the admin tools listing?

Might try purging cache.

Strange in deed!

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Tobias Sanders -

Hey Ken,

thanks again.

This is what I see in the Notifications window. Clicking on the button changes nothing.

upgradesettings

I checked the versions in the place you mentioned. They are all the same.

In the version.php i discovered this

$plugin->version   = 2018051400; // The current plugin version (Date: YYYYMMDDXX).

$plugin->requires  = 2018050800;

but in my moodle frontend I see Moodle 3.5.2+ (Build: 20181019). If the number in brackets is the version number: Should I try inserting it in the requires line because they don't seem to match?

Or could I try deinstalling and reinstalling the analytics module under /admin/tools.php?

Thanks again

Tobias