User enrolled in course but course doesn't appear in dashboard

User enrolled in course but course doesn't appear in dashboard

by Vee Torre -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all,

I have a user who is enrolled in a course but her course doesn't appear on the dashboard. The dashboard allows up to 4 courses to appear. This course has a start date in the past but no end date. Her user was created after the course was made, and then she was enrolled as a student. This course is not hidden. It says in the Participants page that she is an Active user, and manually enrolled.

The only clue I have is that when you click on the gear icon next to her name in the Participants page to Edit enrollment, it doesn't have the enrollment start box checked. Again, it says she is an Active user and has accessed the course through her profile page. It just doesn't appear on the Dashboard or Navigation Drawer. When I checked the enrollment start date box and set it to the time listed for her enrollment created, nothing changed - the course still does not appear on her Dashboard.

Does anyone have any advice?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vee Torre

Re: User enrolled in course but course doesn't appear in dashboard

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What enrollment method?  What version of Moodle?

Does the same course show for other users?  What is her role in the course?  Have you tried deleting the enrollment and reenrolling her?  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Vee Torre -

Hi, this user was manually enrolled. This is Moodle 3.4. The same course shows for other users. She is a student in the course. I cannot delete and re-enroll her, she's made progress in a live course and our policy goes against it. The peculiar thing is that other courses do appear on her Dashboard but this particular course it does not.

In reply to Vee Torre

by Pablo Díaz -

Hello

This happens to me too, exactly the same. 

If you go to the enrolled user list, do the users who cannot see the course on their dashboard, appear as "Not current" Status?

In reply to Pablo Díaz

by Vee Torre -
Hi Pablo,

I don't have the "Not current" status, only "Active" or "Suspended". The

only strange thing about the Participants page is it said her enrollment

was created but she didn't have an enrollment start date enabled - the rest

of the participants did. When I checked the box to have her enrollment

start date set to 5min or 0min after her her enrollment was created,

nothing changed and the course still did not appear on her Dashboard.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:17 AM Pablo Díaz (via Moodle.org) <
In reply to Vee Torre

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can check the setting in the gradebook to automatically restore grades and then unenroll and reenroll her...something must have corrupted with the enrollment record...or you should be able to manually set the enrollment start time...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Vee Torre -
I manually set the enrollment time in hopes of changing something, but this

was not the case. My workplace has a bit of customization on the Dashboard,

so this may be an error on the code. If I restore grades then unenroll and

reenroll her it won't undo her progress correct? As in she can see her

progress still. I'm new to Moodle.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 8:34 AM Emma Richardson (via Moodle.org) <