External unenrol action for course not in the course enrolment file (Version 3.4)

External unenrol action for course not in the course enrolment file (Version 3.4)

by Chris Canning -
Number of replies: 0

Hi All,

Our Moodle is set up so that we are using the External database enrollment plugin. We currently have the 'External unenrol action' set to 'Keep user enrolled', so students are not being unenroled if they transfer between courses or drop out. 

I'm aware of the other options available. What I don't know is, if I enable Moodle to unenrol users or disable their enrollment, will this also unenrol students on courses that ARE NOT included in the external databse enrolment file?

We only import the current academic year's courses and enrollments (18-19). But keep the old academic year courses (17-18 etc.) on Moodle for audit purposes. 

I don't know what data the External unenrol action looks at. Is it just the courses that are included in the current external database import file(18-19) or is it all courses that have ever been imported using this method (17-18 and older)?      

What I don't want to happen is enable course unenrolment and then lose all of the grades, assignment data etc. for students on courses from last year. I just want it to look at the 18-19 courses/students. 

Does anyone else use this method with the same academic year structure?

Average of ratings: -