clean uninstall of Moodle 3.4.2+

clean uninstall of Moodle 3.4.2+

by Esteve Valentí -
Number of replies: 4

Hello.

How I can do a clean uninstall of moodle 3.4.2+ ?

Have I only to remove the "server" folder ?

If not.... Is there a tool to do a clean unistall of apache, MySQL, php and Perl that are included in this moodle 3.4.2 package ?

Thanks !

And sorry for my English ! 

I

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Esteve Valentí

Re: clean uninstall of Moodle 3.4.2+

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It depends how you installed them. Is this the Windows installer package?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Esteve Valentí -

Yes... it is... 

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm not a Windows user, but I believe the package is based on xampp. If you do a search for "uninstall xampp" then it should give you some info.

Someone who has done it may be along in a minute. 

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

At first I thought "This is rather easy.  Drop the database, delete the moodledata folder, and delete the moodle folder."  Then I saw you say "Windows."  I have never worked with a Windows server, but maybe it is just as easy.  I know on a PC-based Windows, completely removing an application can be very challenging because of the way Windows manages DLL's.  Clutter tends to build over time.  But I have no clue if a Windows Server behaves the same way.