Display issue with matching questions and audio multimedia filter

Display issue with matching questions and audio multimedia filter

by Ken Blakey-Shell -
Number of replies: 2

We are experiencing a display issue when using the matching question with audio files used in the question fields. The "choose..." options are displayed off the right side of the page regardless of the size of the browser window causing students to have to scroll sideways to see the "Choose..." options. 

I have tried a variety of different themes and formatting options with in the matching question and none of that fixes the display issue. Also tried a variety of browsers. Screenshots below.

Moodle 3.3.1+ (Build: 20170714)

left screenshot

right screenshot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Blakey-Shell

Re: Display issue with matching questions and audio multimedia filter

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It appears you might be double filtering your audio files. Go to Site administration > Plugins > Media players > Manage media players. I suspect you might have .mp3 listed in the supports column more than once or with the wrong item.  I have mine listed just once for HTML5 audio. Be sure and check the Filters too. I have PoodLL3 installed and have to make sure that I am not using it to filter for .mp3 files, too.

As an experiment, I was able to duplicate your width problem by having .mp3 listed in the support column for VideoJS player, so you might want to check that, too.

With JUST the HTML5 handling .mp3 files for me you question works fine:

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Display issue with matching questions and audio multimedia filter

by Ken Blakey-Shell -

That did it! Thank you very much for catching the duplicate filter.