Customise manual enrolment expiry notifications

Customise manual enrolment expiry notifications

by Jane Moore -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

We're using MOODLE 3.1 and I'd like to know if it's possible to customise the message that's sent to users when their enrolment in a course expires. I know how to adjust whether a notification is sent, and how long before expiry etc. but I can't find how to change the text in the message ... is this even possible?

Thanks

Jane smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jane Moore

Re: Customise manual enrolment expiry notifications

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jane,

Usually this type of customization is pretty easy to do as it is just a matter of finding the right language string to change. In this case it will also depend on the enrollment method as each one has it's own language string, so you may need to change more than one.

Go to Administration > Site administration > Language > Language customization, chose the Language pack and then Open language pack for editing, and finally Continue.

In the drop down list for Show strings of these components, scroll down to the enrol section, click on the first (enrol_category.php), hold down the the shift key and select the last one (enrol_self.php) and enter the word, expire, in the Only strings containing box. Click on Show strings.

Look through the resulting list for the "Message" you want to change and type the new version in the box next to it. At the bottom of the page click one of the two buttons to apply the change.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Customise manual enrolment expiry notifications

by Jane Moore -

Hi AL

Thank you so much! With your explanation I was able to do this much more easily than I could have imagined - you're a genius lol!

Thanks again

Jane smile