How to present Annual Compliance Training in Moodle (HIPAA)

How to present Annual Compliance Training in Moodle (HIPAA)

by Steven Cecil -
Number of replies: 2

I am looking for the best way to present HIPAA training in an entertaining way so that we no longer need to take up time in our orientation to present it.  From the course creation options, I'm not sure what format I should use... Please Help Me!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Cecil

Re: How to present Annual Compliance Training in Moodle (HIPAA)

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I have no idea what HIPAA training is, but if it is anything like our OHWS training then it is likely to be as dull as dishwater and as exciting as watching grass grow.  Having said that, I have often thought that these courses are as exciting as the people who present them, and have never been presented as anything worthwhile knowing. Having been tasked once with delivering that training, I thought I could do something different, make it a bit more interesting, entertaining. The end result was funny but I have never been invited back.smile The clown suit probably turned them off, I didn't realize that people are actually afraid of clowns, thanks to Stephen King.

Look, any training is as good as you can present it, so do it well and it will be interesting, make it dull and it will be boring.

What is it about repetitive training that makes it boring?  The repetition? The materials? The delivery? All three? Breaking it into a Moodle makes it very different and allows you to do different things. Concentrate on activities, games if you can, use as much SCORM as you can to generate interactivity. It is this effort to keep focus, to keep us centered on a changing screen that allows us to stop noticing the time, and that makes it "interesting".   

Good luck. big grin