Moodle Upgrade - Crashed!!

Moodle Upgrade - Crashed!!

by Paul Neilson -
Number of replies: 2

I have upgraded Moodle to the latest version via Softaculous and it has crashed the system, I am just lloing for someone to help me get it back online; i have tried restoring but alas it doesn't work.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Neilson

Re: Moodle Upgrade - Crashed!!

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Softalaculous is not provided or supported by moodle.org. We'll try to help if we can but we didn't write it or know how it was set up by your host. You might be better seeking help from whoever provided Softaculous to you. 

Once again... THIS is why using these scripts is a bad idea sad

In reply to Paul Neilson

Re: Moodle Upgrade - Crashed!!

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You will need to tell us more about how you tried to restore.  Do you have a copy of the moodle database, moodledata folder, and even moodle?

Softaculous might fine for your very first install of Moodle, but we all kinds of problems with it whenever people try to upgrade.  My guess is that Softaculous is just not smart enough to handle a rather simple task of upgrading, probably because of the many ways people modify their moodles.