What to do after course has finised?

What to do after course has finised?

by Rosa GF -
Number of replies: 4
Hello

I have installed a small moodle 3.2.1 and learned about courses. But I don't understand what to do with courses when they are finished. Do I make a backup to have a record with students grades? Do I delete the course because the grades and the information are recorded in course completion?

I am searching, but probably with my bad English I don't find a procedure.

Thanks for any tips smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rosa GF

Re: What to do after course has finised?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What do you want to do? 

What you mention are valid options but it depends what you want to achieve. What are your needs for "finished" courses?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Rosa GF -
Thanks a lot Howard Miller and Rick Jerz smile It's right that depends on the need. I will ask my client which are their needs. Rick's explanation helps to me to have an schema. I am also interested on reading on other's solutions. Have a good coding smile
In reply to Rosa GF

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I run my own moodle, so here is what I do.

I keep the course available for students (meaning visible) for about 1 to 2 months, then I hide it.  I let students know if that if they ever need to see something, that they can email me and I can turn the course back on for a little while.

I back up my entire moodle every night and keep a 7-day moving set of backups.  About once every two months, I move one of these backups to a secondary drive, just for protection. I do not do any course-level backups.

With each major release of Moodle (2.0, 3.0) I make a complete backup of my production moodle, and begin a brand new installation of moodle.  So right now, my production moodle started at Moodle 3.0.

I keep a running copy of my old moodles on my MAMP system (of course, on my Mac).  This allows me to reference anything from history.  So right now, I could go back to my very first Moodle course and see what students were in it, and what they did.  (I also keep complete logs.)  My old moodles tend to consume around 2GB of hard disk space.

I am always eager to hear suggestions to improve my system.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Rosa GF -
Ver good idea the moodle version backup. Thanks smile