Is there a 29,996 K size limit uploading files to moodle?

Is there a 29,996 K size limit uploading files to moodle?

by J Guzman -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 3.2.2

PHP 5.6.30

Mysql 5.7.17

Windows 2016 servers and IIS  for the Web front end

Windows 2016 server hosting MySQL database

Connection is without SSH yet.

Hi All!!

As I mentioned above, my moodle is made of 2 servers, 1 has the Web front end and the other has the MSQL database.  I have a strange issue here:  I cannot load any type of file bigger than 29,996k not even1 bite more. (29,997K gives "Error connecting to the server" screen).  I have set the following parameters in myphp and on my.ini file in My SQL:

PHP:

max upload file 2 gb

max post to 3 gb

mysql timeout changed to 360

max_input_time 360 

MySQL:

Max File transfer 800M

Has anyone seen something similar?  Im sure there has to be a checkbox I am overlooking, or something I am not doing correctly.

As an alternative, Can I create a folder on the web server and make that folder accessible to Moodle, so I can manually upload bigger files there?

Emma Richardson suggested me that and I kind of like that approach as a short term fix.   I just dont find how doing it.

Please help!  Any suggestion is appreciated.

J.Guzman

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J Guzman

Re: Is there a 29,996 K size limit uploading files to moodle?

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

OK, not an issue, it's request filtering that you have to change.

Here is link to my previous posts, you'll find method to sort that upload limitation.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=308382#p1337080

BTW, if you have given limit of 3GB to upload, try using PHP 7,  as that is true 64-bit supported PHP on Windows Platform.

In reply to Usman Asar

Re: Is there a 29,996 K size limit uploading files to moodle?

by J Guzman -

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!  (yelled very loud and clear!)

As soon as I saw "request filtering" I realized my dumbness.  I never changed the IIS out of defaults and, as with any  website, IIS will limit me as well.      I'll do that ASAP,  I'm sure that's what it is.

THANK YOU!

I don't need 3gb  upload limit, I was just trying this and that to troubleshoot the problem.  In fact, once I upload my biggest course which is about 800mb, I can move on with the project.  I did consider PHP7,  I just read some stability  issues and I was going to further test my sandbox before.

I appreciate your response.

J.Guzman