Students cannot answer topics from teachers in standart forum

Students cannot answer topics from teachers in standart forum

by Anna Nesterova -
Number of replies: 4

Hi to all the professionals!

I have a course with isolated groups and standart discussing forum for one of the group.

Students can see the topics from teachers and assistants, but cannot answer them. They can create their own topics and answer to one each other in them.

I checked the rights - everything is ok there. Could you help me, please? TIA

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anna Nesterova

Re: Students cannot answer topics from teachers in standart forum

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Depending on which version of Moodle you are using, your teachers will need either to post the same questions separately to all groups in the forum or to ensure your teachers have ticked the box "Send a copy to all groups" when they post a message.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anna Nesterova -

Mary, thank you! The forum is only for one group. I tried to edit the topic as "for all" or for this group only, but students still cant answer

In reply to Anna Nesterova

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Which version of Moodle are you using? And can you confirm the forum type? You say a Standard forum for general use? 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anna Nesterova -

Moodle 3.2

Actually, I finally did it, after some juggling with settings and accesses. Not sure, what worked at the end, but I got teachers out of the groups, edited access to forum and edited the initial posts as for this group only. And it worked

Thank you for your answers!