What settings so students can revise Forum posts later on

What settings so students can revise Forum posts later on

by Susan Brill de Ramirez -
Number of replies: 2

I need to know what settings will allow my students to:

• revise their Forum posts later on after response from faculty member
  • reply to Forum posts from other students

When I set up a Forum, my students can only edit it within 30 minutes of posting. They cannot revise it later on. They also do not have settings that allow them to respond to other students' posts.

Do I need to create a classwide group for this? Or do I need to switch the Forum to Q&A--which it is really not Q&A. What I want is the ability for interactive student discussions. 

Finally, why am I not able to find how to create an interactive Forum? I also work with Sakai and Blackboard, and this is pretty straightforward in those platforms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is what my students see--only a Permalink button and no button to reply:

promotion is by itself good enough to try for, but a tiny spark of a stimulus must illuminate the person's mind in order to make him ready and eager to go into the path. So, I found the quot impressive because it is incentive and has a sense of reassuring. 

234 words

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Brill de Ramirez

Re: What settings so students can revise Forum posts later on

by Susan Brill de Ramirez -

Follow up:

Might the problem be that my students did not reply to my topic but instead pushed the button to start a new discussion topic?

I have changed the Forum to a simple Forum to allow only my topic. Hopefully there, students will be able to reply to my topic AND also be able to reply to theirs and other students' posts. Is this correct?

Thank you.

In reply to Susan Brill de Ramirez

Re: What settings so students can revise Forum posts later on

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It is possible your students didn't see the reply button because you were using groups in your course? Yes-  if you have a Single simple discussion forum then they should all be able to reply to you and to each other. How long they can edit their posts for after half an hour is an administrator setting. Perhaps you could have a word with your admin?