Adding to a pre-existing course

Adding to a pre-existing course

by Esther Bollier -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, I have an issue that I'm hoping someone could guide me on.

Let's say I have a course that many students have recently taken and completed, obtaining their completion badge. It has set Criteria that requires certain activities to be completed. Now the Teacher would like something else added to this same course, making it mandatory to be complete that as well.

My question is this. Is there a way to add another mandatory activity to this already existing course? The reason I am asking is when I created the course and opened it to students, it gave me the little warning message about the criteria and that it can't be changed later.  Is there something I can do to get this activity added without losing the badges or any information on the students that have already taken this course?

Thanks so much in advance!

Using Version 3.2.1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Esther Bollier

Re: Adding to a pre-existing course

by Esther Bollier -

Hi, I'm just curious to see if anyone might have a solution for me, or maybe explain how this even works.

In reply to Esther Bollier

Re: Adding to a pre-existing course

by David Morrow -

I think the warning message is right! One possibility might be to create a new badge that includes the original and additional criteria and then delete the original badge. When students who have already earned the badge complete the additional work, they should be awarded the new badge

When you try to delete it, you will be presented with two options - keeping any issued instances of it in place or deleting the issued badges, too.

I think...

David