Certificate activity marked as 'complete' but not 'issued'

Certificate activity marked as 'complete' but not 'issued'

by Josh D -
Number of replies: 1

I'm trying to figure out an inconsistency in the completion status of a user's certificate. When I pull up the user's activity report on the admin side, it says that the certificate has not been issued yet:

Certificate marked 'not issued' on admin screen

But when I logged in as the user and viewed the course, it showed a completion checkmark next to the certificate:

Completion checkmark on user's course screen

This caused the user to not show up in one of my reports. After I clicked on the certificate while logged in as the user, it did show up as issued on the course activity report, with the time I clicked on it as the time issued (ie not when the actual user last accessed the course).

I'm just trying to figure out what caused these two to be different, because as far as I was aware they should always show the same thing. Is there something that a user might do that could cause this, or was it a one-time fluke, or what?

The site is running Moodle 3.2.2+ (Build: 20170418). Posted in General because it appears to be an activity completion issue, not an issue with the certificate itself.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josh D

Re: Certificate activity marked as 'complete' but not 'issued'

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hmm, looks to me that the student in question opened the Certificate activity, but did not click the 'Get your certificate' button. Hence it shows a 'not issued yet' message. Can you check that there is no time/date mention when you open the activity, logged in as the student?