Upgrade Moodle 2.6.5 for QNAP

Upgrade Moodle 2.6.5 for QNAP

by Thuyen Vo -
Number of replies: 6

Hi everyone,

We are implement QNAP system as our cloud service; using Moodle 2.6.5 from QNAP Software package; it is quite limit features; especially web-services; mobile-services are very difficult to config. There are many new plug-in require Moodle higher version (currently up to 3.2.1).

We would like to check is there any chance to get upgrade version of Moodle which can work on QNAP system? (I did try to install new package to QNAP but it hang when install process started).

https://www.qnap.com/en-us/app_center/index.php?middle_place=1&qts=4.2.2&type_choose=Education&II=195 

Thanks a lot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thuyen Vo

Re: Upgrade Moodle 2.6.5 for QNAP

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Isn't QNAP some sort of network-attached storage?  Seems like a strange thing to want to do...

In reply to Thuyen Vo

by JAUME Y -

Hi friend,

Could you update the moodle? If so, how did you do it?

I'm looking at a NAS, but I think I'll buy a Synology if I do not see how to install and configure Moodle 3.x version.

Thank you Thuyen!

In reply to JAUME Y

by Adam Kowalski -

Hey,

I also need new Moodle on QNAP TS-451S.

Could you please make it possible? Is it necessary to contact with QNAP comapny to do this?

In reply to Adam Kowalski

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What is QNAP?  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It's a company that (primarily) markets NAS boxes. I don't know much about them but it appears you can run applications - and even VMS - on them as well. 

Their stuff seems pretty inexpensive for what it is, which might explain a lot. 

I have a bad feeling about it... 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hmm, with a built in Moodle app?  That is interesting...I wonder if you can just install stock Moodle in its place?