CSS not loading when upgraded from 3.1 to 3.4

CSS not loading when upgraded from 3.1 to 3.4

by Muhammad Ammar` Ijaz -
Number of replies: 5

CSS is not loading at all resulting in plain html page. PSB the error  i am receiving in console.Can anyone help regarding it

chrome console error 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Muhammad Ammar` Ijaz

Re: CSS not loading when upgraded from 3.1 to 3.4

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The problem is that your HTTP headers are claiming that content is zipped when it is not or the zipped content is corrupt. This is a server issue rather than a Moodle one. Although, if you have any custom CSS anywhere make sure that it has been edited with a "proper" editor (not, most likely, some Microsoft nasty that has added strange codes). 

Check the zlib.output_compression setting in php.ini. If it is not enabled, enable it and restart the server. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Thanks howard it worked perfectly.But still errors are poping up in console and as a result icons e.g enable/disable are not displaying.console.error

In reply to Muhammad Ammar` Ijaz

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

IS there anything you are not telling us... has anything been modified and/or optional plugins included. 

I'm still thinking that there is a possibility of corrupt characters somewhere. But this would be in a file that you had edited at some point. 

i have included saml auth plugin only yet.The icons are working with more theme but are not displaying with boost theme.

Hi Howard,

Kindly Help regarding it or at-least give me directions how to fix it