Keep getting this error :

Keep getting this error :

by Julián Puppo -
Number of replies: 4

Im breaking my head tryng to install moodle in vinculation with wordpress and I cannot root the things well aparenttyl. 
The page already has the wordpress part. (IT doesn´t have a public html folder) the root folder I think is Wordpress. Ive tryed everything but I dont know how to root it  . 

this is what I have now allthought I ve made all the combinations that came to my mind: 

$CFG->wwwroot = '190.228.29.67/moodle';
$CFG->dataroot = '/home/190.228.29.67/wordpress/moodle/'; 

Ive seen in another forums with the same problem, tryed their solutions without succes. What can I do? . Im a noob in all of this. 

Thanks everybody. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julián Puppo

Re: Keep getting this error :

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

do *not* try to install Moodle within the Wordpress folder!   Wordpress' .htacess file will stop Moodle working properly. Make sure they are both in their own, separate folders. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Julián Puppo -

This is the error Im getting. : Fatal error: $CFG->dataroot is not configured properly, directory does not exist or is not accessible! Exiting.

Okay, but how im supposed to root it to another folder? I mean wich would be the correct root? Because ive tryed everything

In reply to Julián Puppo

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dataroot should point to your moodledata folder, not your moodle code folder.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I missed that... I'm blaming old age wink

Now I look, the wwwroot setting is probably wrong too - I would be happier if it started 'http'