authentication webservice and get the list of assigned courses

authentication webservice and get the list of assigned courses

by Nitin Mukesh -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

This is first time I am working on Moodle LMS.

I have few queries

1. Does Moodle LMS support webservice based authentication i.e. without opening Moodle LMS login page can we authenticate the user. if it supports, is this feature built in or is there any plugin available.
  2. If the above is supported how can I show the listing of course assigned to a particular user and launch a particular course.

Many thanks for any inputs.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nitin Mukesh

Re: authentication webservice and get the list of assigned courses

by Simon Rediss-Whitfield -

You can setup authentication that they can login via another website providing they have entered credentials there, I think if you wanted to take them to a specific course you would have to enter that url as a link, otherwise the user would just be taken to the default page (either dashboard or site page)..but saying this it all depends on which version of moodle you are using?

In reply to Simon Rediss-Whitfield

Re: authentication webservice and get the list of assigned courses

by Nitin Mukesh -
Thank you Simon.

I see my first question is answered, I would like to know if it is an inbuilt feature or through seprate plugin. I can't seem to find concrete information on this.

Regarding my second query I want to use Moodle as LMS , courses will be uploaded and assigned to users as usual. I however would like to create website separate from Moodle which will be used to authenticate, launch course and then save details back to Moodle.

I am planning to use the latest version of Moodle.

I hope this makes sense.