how remove users from a cohort in bulk

how remove users from a cohort in bulk

by Mark Mrohs -
Number of replies: 3

Hello. I have several cohorts, and I want to remove a few hundred people from some of those cohorts. 

I do not have full Admin permissions (long story, corporate situation, main developer/admin is in Spain, I am in US, they dont want to give out too much control.... arrrgghhh). In the  Site Admin/ User/ Accounts area, I can only do  (a) Add a new user and  (b) Upload users. 

I can do bulk uploads using cvs files. I  have used this to enrol users, and put users INTO their cohorts, but now I want to selectively REMOVE some of those users from some cohorts. 

I am wondering if there is some header term I can use in a cvs type bulk upload method, where I indicate the cohort ID and then that I want to REMOVE the person from the cohort (not delete the user).

Can anyone give advice? 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Mrohs

Re: how remove users from a cohort in bulk

by Simon Rediss-Whitfield -

Looks like it can be done via csv (I never knew this until I looked into it), looks like you can do it using a delete field

https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Upload_users

In reply to Simon Rediss-Whitfield

by Mark Mrohs -

I dont see how to use the cvs upload file to do what I want, which is to remove a person from a cohort (only - not delete them from being a user). All that I see is that you can use 'deleted' to REMOVE A PERSON from Moodle. 

That is NOT what I want, I dont see how to put in the required header word into the cvs file, to just delete the person from the cohort. Everyone points to using 'deleted' in the cvs file, but that is not what I want to do.

Any further ideas?

In reply to Mark Mrohs

by Simon Rediss-Whitfield -

Ahh now I understand, I am not aware of a way of doing this so hopefully someone else can contribute