Closed Workshop to not display grades

Closed Workshop to not display grades

by Dan Noonan -
Number of replies: 2

11:56 PMHi David,

The Workshop Module is the key component in our IMO course Maritime Resource Management. Wonderful module, allowed us to receive approval to teach online at the level of government oversight that is necessary to provide this type of instruction.
We have finished our fourth run of the course and our mariners are finding one function confusing. After closing the Workshop, the Submittal/Assessment grades are shown in a light blue box. Our instruction is not 'graded' with a numeric value, but with interactive sessions between student and instructor. Can you tell me how to remove the display of the grades (the light blue box) when the Workshop is closed?
Thanks again for your work and any help you can provide.

Dan Noonan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Noonan

Re: Closed Workshop to not display grades

by Dan Noonan -

This response from David (and my apologies for not posting to the open forum):

"Hi Dan. Thanks for you kind words. Happy to hear you are finding the module useful. 

Firstly, please note that I prefer discussing these things via the open Workshop forum. There are other community users who might be interested in this. Thanks for understanding. 

I just checked the Workshop code and it seems to me that there might be a way of achieving this via hiding the grades in the course Gradebook. If the relevant grade item is set as hidden in the gradebook, the Workshop should not display it to "students". "

Thanks again,

Dan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Noonan

Re: Closed Workshop to not display grades

by Dan Noonan -

David,

That did the trick. 

(v2.9) Course Administration - Grades - Setup - Categories and items - in the 'Actions' column - 'Edit' - Hide

Regards,

Dan