Permissions

Permissions

by Alice Jones -
Number of replies: 3

Within permissions if you delete student from the following capabilities, will that prevent them from seeing who has reviewed their work? We want the students to be able to see the peer assessed feedback but for it to be anonymised. Thanks in advance for any help.

Capabilities/mod/workshop:viewauthorpublished

Capabilities/mod/workshop:viewpublishedsubmissions.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alice Jones

Re: Permissions

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think you are looking for something different. The two caps you mention deal with published submissions only (i.e. those that were marked as to be published once the workshop is closed).

If I understand your need correctly, you want to remove the capability mod/workshop:viewreviewernames from your student role.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Alice Jones -

Thank you. Yes I have turned this cap (Capabilities/mod/workshop:viewauthornames) off to ensure anonymity when submitting and reviewing work, but just to clarify, will this anonymity then remain when they then view feedback given from peers?

In reply to Alice Jones

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There is a pair of capabilities: viewauthornames and viewreviewernames that you can set in any combination to fit your needs.

• viewauthornames controls if the reviewer (marker) can see the name of the submission author (i.e. blind assessment or not)
  • viewreviewernames controls if the author can see the name of the one who provided the peer-assessment.

https://docs.moodle.org/en/Workshop_FAQ#How_can_I_make_reviewing_anonymous.3F